Cape Khersones (Sevastopol) before an impending storm. The Chersonesus lighthouse was built in 1816. During the Great Patriotic War, the last participants of the defense of Sevastopol died at the lighthouse. Until the last days of defense, the lighthouse pointed the way to Soviet ships and ships in the city. Here, at the lighthouse, the Crimean offensive operation ended. During the war, the lighthouse tower was destroyed and rebuilt in 1950-1951.
|Copyright:||© Yuri Pritisk|