Photo of the bell in the bell tower of St. John Francis Regis Parish in Hollywood, Maryland. The bell was made by Mc Shane Bell Foundry Co in Baltimore Maryland in 1922 and the bronze bell is still in use today. The church bell is bronze, the bell wheel and headerstock are wooden. The church located in Southern Maryland was established in 1690. The original 1690 structure that served the parish for close to one hundred years no longer stands, but has been succeeded by a second church erected in 1780, and then by the current structure, which was finished in 1898. The church has been added to and remodeled since 1898, but parts of the original 1898 structure remain.
|Photo Location:||Hollywood, Maryland, United States of America|
|Camera:||Canon EOS REBEL T5i|
|Copyright:||© Sharon Stapf|