The Golden Driller is a 76-foot-tall, 43,500-pound statue of an oil worker. 5th largest statue in USA. It was originally built in 1953 by the Mid-Continent Supply Company of Fort Worth for the International Petroleum Exposition. Six years later, it was temporarily erected again for the 1959 show. Due to the positive attention it attracted, the company donated the statue to the Tulsa County Fairgrounds Trust Authority which had it anatomically redesigned  and permanently installed in front of the Tulsa Expo Center for the 1966 International Petroleum Exposition.
|Photo Location:||Tulsa , Oklahoma, United States of America|
|Camera:||Canon EOS REBEL T1i|
|Copyright:||© Steve Conner|